Dear Westville School Community,
The following plan is a guide for the procedures Westville School District will use to allow students to pick up classroom materials, clear out their lockers, and return school materials back to the district. This process will look slightly different at each school. Measures have been implemented to make this process safe and efficient for student and families.
Please read about the process in place for each school Specific questions should be addressed to the building principals at each school or the superintendent. Email or phone calls will be the best way to communicate. The district Facebook page will continue to be used to “push” information out, but it is NOT a good place to pose questions for a district response.
Administrator Contact Information:
Superintendent – Seth Miller
Email = firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone = 267-3141 ext. 100
High School Principal – Guy Goodlove
Email = email@example.com
Phone = 267-2183 ext. 400
Locker Clear Out Schedule
Tuesday April 28 - (5PM to 6PM)
Wednesday April 29 - (5PM to 6PM)
Thursday April 30 - (5PM to 6PM)
Friday May 1 - (5PM to 6PM)
Students at Westville High School will have a specific date to clean out their locker, pick up their personal effects, empty their PE and/or band locker, and return school materials beginning April 28 – May 1. Safety procedures are in place to make this a safe and orderly process. Students should come on the identified day for their locker clean-out. Students will be required to wear a mask during locker clear out.
- Students will be required to wear a face mask/covering to participate in locker clean out.
- Student will be provided latex gloves before entry into the building.
- Students will wait at marked and designated spots designated before entry into the school.
- Law enforcement will be present to ensure that students socially distance at all times.
- No more than 10 students at a time will be allowed entry to clear out their lockers.
- Family members will not be allowed to assist with locker clear out unless there are safety concerns.
- At no time will there be more than 10 individuals allowed into the building for locker clear out.
- Teachers will remain in their classroom and have designated spots for textbook returns.
- School personnel will be wearing masks and gloves.
- Mr. Goodlove will ensure students maintain social distancing at all times.
Textbook and Materials Return Procedures
- Students will return textbooks, library books, band instruments, uniforms, and/or any other materials that are school property during locker clear out.
- Teachers will remain in their classroom and have designated spots within each classroom for textbook returns. School personnel will be wearing masks and gloves.
- Social distancing will be practiced at all times during textbook return.
A list of outstanding library textbooks can be found WHS Library Books Due List
A list of outstanding band equipment that needs returned can be found WHS Band Items Due List
A list of outstanding softball uniform that needs returned can be found WHS Softball Uniforms Due List
Failure to return items that belong to the school will result in an outstanding bill to the district.
Senior Cap and Gown Distribution
A representative from Jostens will be present on Friday May 1 during locker clear out to distribute cap and gown order to seniors who have ordered them. Students will need their cap and gown for filming of a virtual graduation ceremony the week of May 18 as well as for an in-person ceremony in the event a live graduation ceremony can be conducted before July 13. More details about graduation will be shared in the weeks to come.
Items that are not claimed during this locker clear-out procedure may be thrown out at the end of the school year.
If you have questions about locker clear-out procedures please email the building principal Mr. Goodlove at firstname.lastname@example.org or call and leave a voice mail at 267-2183 ext. 400